Jump to

Books and Glasses

Sandom Robinson Solicitors
Triumph House,
Station Approach,
Sanderstead Road,
South Croydon,
Surrey CR2 0PL
Telephone: 020 8651 7020
Fax: 020 8651 9146
DX 38461 South Croydon

Leases and Tenancies

This area of law can conveniently be divided into residential and commercial leases and tenancies.

Residential – Here we can act for you as a landlord or as a tenant in the granting of a new lease of a house, maisonette or flat and we will look into the whole question of the premium to be paid for the lease, the ground rent payable on a continuing basis (if any) and the service charge which may be payable by a tenant to a landlord – usually where there is more than one unit in a building or block and the landlord has to carry out works to the main structure for which the tenants have to contribute.  We also can help when these leasehold interests are sold or purchased.  In residential conveyancing Penny Nichols is the partner in charge.

Commercial – As this indicates, this usually refers to shops and other industrial premises but can also refer to pubs and other licenced premises as well as sports clubs.  Nick Robinson is the partner in charge here and he is also assisted by Penny Nichols.  We do act for one particular landlord and we do have a standard form of commercial lease which we use for landlords and by having this it does mean that we can keep costs down by not having to start from scratch with a new lease.  We are familiar with protocols used in the industry and can help you with preparation of Commercial Property Standard Enquires which are forms which have to be filled in by clients wanting to sell leasehold premises or grant new leases.