The name "Sandom Robinson" dates back to January 1997 when the firm of Sandoms was dissolved and senior partner Nick Robinson formed a new partnership, adding the family surname to the "Sandom" name in recognition of the 50 years his father, Jack Robinson, had spent with the old practice.

The name Sandom goes back to the early nineteenth century when Mr. Henry Sandom was the Parish Clerk to the Parish of Deptford. The firm has been through many name changes since 1800 but remains today able to represent local residents and both regional and national business.